School Board of Levy County
Jeffery R. Edison
April 25, 2020
PROCEDURES FOR EXPENDITURE OF 2020-2021 FLORIDA TEACHERS CLASSROOM SUPPLY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FUNDS THROUGH THE CLASSWALLET PORTAL
PURPOSE: To establish procedures for the proper expenditure for the funds allocated to purchase materials and supplies that directly benefit students.
SCOPE: These procedures apply to all Levy County School District employees who are allotted teacher classroom supply assistance funds through the ClassWallet portal.
- FL Teacher Classroom Assistance Program Funds in an amount determined by Legislature and individually calculated by the SBLC Finance Department will be allocated to classroom teachers for the purpose of classroom materials and supplies. The allocated funds will be available on the ClassWallet portal (www.classwallet.com) on September 30, 2020.
- All purchases must be made using the ClassWallet portal, either by (a) purchasing from vendors in the ClassWallet marketplace, or (b) by uploading a receipt into ClassWallet. The ClassWallet portal retains all itemized receipts for purchases.
- The only authorized purchases made with Teacher Classroom Assistance funds are for classroom-related materials or supplies that directly benefit the students and may not be used to purchase equipment.
- Teacher classroom assistance funds will be available to spend (or for reimbursement) on the ClassWallet portal between September 30, 2020 and April 30, 2021. If you are electing to upload receipts for reimbursement, the receipts must be dated no earlier than July 1, 2020 and must be for purchases outlined in procedure 3.
- Those employees who fail to expend teacher classroom supply assistance funds on anything other than classroom-related materials or supplies that directly benefit the students are subject to the following actions, at the discretion of the principal or district office:
a. Immediate payment of any personal or unauthorized purchases;
b. Reduction of elimination of the dollar amount of teacher classroom supply assistance funds in future year(s)
c. Written conference documentation placed in the employee’s personnel file;
e. Termination and/or
f. The pursuit of criminal charges.
- If a teacher transfers to another school within the Levy County School District, the principal will decide whether or not the teacher can take items purchased with the teacher classroom supply assistance funds to the new school, or whether those items must stay at the school.
- If a teacher moves out of the district, all items purchased with teacher classroom supply assistance funds must remain at the Levy County school and cannot leave the district.