PROCEDURES FOR EXPENDITURE OF 2019-2020 FLORIDA TEACHERS CLASSROOM SUPPLY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FUNDS THROUGH THE CLASS WALLET PORTAL
PURPOSE: To establish procedures for the proper expenditure for funds allocated to purchase materials and supplies that directly benefit students.
SCOPE: These procedures apply to all DeSoto County School District employees who are allotted teacher classroom supply assistance funds through the Class Wallet portal.
ELIGIBILITY: Pursuant to Section 1012.71, Florida Statutes, a “classroom teacher” means a certified teacher employed by a public school district or a public charter school in that district on or before September 1 of each year whose full-time or job-share (a job-share classroom teacher is one of two teachers whose combined full-time equivalent employment for the same teaching assignment equals one full time classroom teacher. Each teacher will receive a proportionate share of one teacher allocation) responsibility is the classroom instruction of students in prekindergarten through grade 12, including full-time media specialists and certified school counselors serving students in prekindergarten through grade 12, who are funded through the Florida Education Finance Program. The district school board must provide each classroom teacher with his or her total proportionated share by September 30th .
- Florida Teacher Classroom Assistance Program Funds in an amount determined by Legislature and individually calculated by the SBDC Finance Department will be allocated to classroom teachers for the purpose of classroom materials and supplies. The allocated funds will be available on the Class Wallet portal (www.classwallet.com) on September 17, 2019.
- All eligible purchases must be made using the Class Wallet portal, either by (a) purchasing from vendors in the Class Wallet marketplace, or (b) by uploading a receipt into Class Wallet. The Class Wallet portal retains all itemized receipts for purchases.
- The only authorized purchases made with Teacher Classroom Assistance funds are for classroom-related materials or supplies that directly benefit the students and may not be used to purchase equipment.
- Arts and crafts material
- Charts, maps, globes, posters, flash cards, dvd/cd disk for students’ use
- Ink and toner for printers
- Math manipulatives, game balls, and supplies for PE
- Protective smocks, aprons, inexpensive musical instruments
- Paper, pen, pencils, markers, etc.
- Teacher classroom assistance funds will be available to spend (or for reimbursement) on the Class Wallet portal between September 17, 2019 and March 01, 2020. If you are electing to upload receipts for reimbursement, the receipts must be dated no earlier than July 1, 2019 and must be for purchases outlined in procedure 3.